Church of St. Louis of France
Malaya Lubyanka, house 12A.
Church of St. Louis of France is a Catholic church in Moscow, located in Malaya Lubyanka. It is one of the two existing Catholic churches in Moscow, with the Cathedral of the Blessed Virgin Mary. There is a Sunday school at church.
The temple is built in classical style, it correspond a three-nave basilica with a high central and lower side aisles. Entrance is decorated with colonnade, on both sides of the colonnades there are low bell tower.
hard times came for the Church after the 1917 revolution, it repeatedly was ruined, the abbot was expelled from the country. Until 1926 a French parish was protected by Father Zelinsky, rector of the Cathedral of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul in Milyutinsky lane.
All the time of the Soviet Union Temple of St. Louis was the only public Catholic church in Moscow and one of the two (with the church of Our Lady of Lourdes in Leningrad) Catholic churches in the USSR
In the 90 years was held large-scale reconstruction of the interior of the temple.